Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and disinfect all animal areas as necessary to maintain them in a safe and sanitary environment.
- Socialize and comfort the animals, while practicing safe approach and handling techniques.
- Provide bedding and size appropriate toys for the animals.
- Perform light maintenance and other janitorial duties.
- Unload, store and restock Animal Care Department supplies.
- Provide assistance to other departments as assigned.
- Help in walking dogs.
- Help in care / cleaning of cats.
- Need to have good phone / people skills.
- Have a good understanding of how to run front desk and how to work with people who are interested in adoption.
- Perform other duties as assigned to ensure a positive public image and to enhance the operation of the organization and improve the quality of life for animals.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Basic knowledge of and compassion for animals.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to routinely lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of working both independently and as a member of a team.
Part-time including weekends and holidays.
Starts at minimum of $10.00 per hour.
Regular and predictable attendance is required.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities, or qualifications may change at any time, with or without notice.